Tuesday, December 15, 2009

25 Random Things

1. However cliché as it may sound becoming a mother profoundly changed the way I perceived life. I never really wanted to be a mom, but can now never imagine life without being one. I have a whole new respect for my mom and her strength. I’m sorry mom for everything!

2. “That’s cause why” should clearly replace “because…” it makes more sense. Logan has many sayings that seem to be truer than the difficult idiomatic phrases we attach to meaningful things.

3. Although I’ve questioned my decision to teach countless times, after my first month at FRHS, I never questioned my ability to help kids on some level. I know that I’ve made a good decision about what to do when I grow up. I get better at my craft every day even with any set backs.

4. When I grow up (part two) I’d like to be a photojournalist who idealistically seeks and conveys truth through images and poetry to anyone who will listen.

5. My mom is my hero and my dad my soul.

6. I’m obsessively early for everything. If my alarm is set for 5, I’m at 4:45 in a panic. I get to work at or before 6 am daily.

7. My perfectionism will probably kill me (rather than the failure I fear).

8. My dad always says that my family puts the “fun” in dysfunctional and man is he right. But I’d never want to be a part of any other family.

9. I admire and envy my brother’s charm and humor. He claims that if we were born with my eyes, he would’ve been perfect. If that’s all he needs, he’s a lot further along than me!

10. I thank god every day for Logan. He gave me back the childhood I never had. I have the opportunity to see life the way he does, through fresh eyes and I never cease to be amazed.

11. I wish I could have been in the diner while they were shooting the orgasm scene from “When Harry Met Sally;” It is completely inspiring.

12. I cry every time I was the following movies: Forrest Gump, Juno, August Rush, Catch and Release, Beaches, Remember the Titans and others! I am far more sensitive than I seem. Such a hard exterior, I’m not used to letting others see me vulnerable. But I am very vulnerable.

13. Large crowds terrify me; I am terribly shy.

14. I’m envious of Ron’s Sprout alarm clock. “the time is now, 9:45” (in a little boy’s voice)

15. I love driving fast with the windows down listening to loud music. Time in my car either alone or with quiet company doesn’t get any better. I feel most a piece taking random road trips with no destination in mind.

16. I pierced my belly button the first time when I was 18 in Tucson, Arizona. It got horribly infected and hurt like hell. I took it out when I was 5 months pregnant and recently got it repierced only to find out that it was done incorrectly the first time, which explains the pain and infection. Thank god I didn’t need to sleep with cold soda cans in my pants this time around.

17. I question the status quo every day on some level, doing my best to march to my own beat unafraid of society’s opinion. I do what I know to be “right” as I have to live with the decisions I make.

18. I resented being pretty growing up because I never felt like people took me seriously. I just wanted to be known for what I had to say, not for what I looked like.

19. The biggest scar on my body is Logan’s portal into this world… the next largest is the one I got sliding down a tree bark when I was a kid. I am proud of all my scars.

20. My cat Huxley is my puppy and anyone who has ever thought that cats aren’t affectionate, they’ve never met my cats. I’m definitely a cat person… Independent.

21. I hope to publish my book Mei Shai, but would settle for becoming an educational innovator.

22. I sometimes sleep in my clothes to save time in the morning.

23. I don’t sleep very much but when I do, I’m a ridiculously light sleeper. I hear people breathing in other rooms

24. I’ve been lucky enough to experience love on a plethora of different levels.

25. I am learning to love cooking because Logan loves to watch me. He sits on the counter and likes to help me. He makes me want to be in a kitchen more.

No comments: